2787 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Limi
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi all, is there a way to integrate QuickBooks Online Plus with my Airtable workspace and bases? If there isnt already an existing integration, how do you get around it to sync with each other?

8 Replies 8

@Limi 

Yes, you can use Make's QuickBooks integration with Airtable.

There can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video for Make, along with providing the link to Make’s free training courses.

If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

> If there isnt already an existing integration, how do you get around it to sync with each other?

Are you able to export CSV files from QB Online Plus?  If so, you could then import that data into your Airtable base. 

After that you could use a third party automation tool like Zapier or Make to keep the data in sync by identifying each piece of data's unique ID and using that to identify their respective records in Airtable

Here's a link to the Zapier <> QB Online Plus page that has some examples of the triggers and actions

@Limi 

Just an FYI that I try to get everybody off of Zapier and onto Make, because Make is a tiny fraction of the cost of Zapier and yet it is infinitely more powerful & customizable than Zapier.

Even more importantly in your situation, using QuickBooks with Zapier is much more difficult and much more limited than using Make. Just as one example, it is extremely difficult to create invoice line items in QuickBooks with Zapier, whereas it is built into the product & very easy to do in Make. Make also offers about 50% more functionality with QuickBooks than Zapier.

As I mentioned earlier, the only minor downside is that there can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created the basic navigation video above. And I am also available for hire through my website.

Hi @ScottWorld, I was very disappointed to find out that zapier boasted integrations with airtable, but you can't use it to create a new Project in Quickbooks from a new project record in Airtable. I got a client to sign up only to find out that this was not possible, so I'm in a bit of a bind. Are you able to tell me if this is possible via Make? I looked at their website but I'm not seeing the option... and if not, how much would it cost me to have you train me to create a custom integration for this purpose? If it's something you can help me with, let me know if I should just contact you directly through your website. I was just hoping to know if this is even possible before paying for a consultation or training.

Thanks much. 

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

In my personal opinion, Zapier is terrible, and I give a brief comparison of Zapier vs. Make here. Make can do thousands of more things than Zapier can do, and it’s much cheaper too.

Make’s QuickBooks integrations are infinitely more powerful than Zapier.

However, the QuickBooks API does not support projects, so there is no way to automate anything to do with projects in QuickBooks.

If you have other needs and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

Thanks much, @ScottWorld. I'm starting to learn how to use make now and hope to help my client move forward with integration that way. Zapier has sucked, indeed. 

@ScottWorld I actually reached out through your website to see if I could hire you for a training- though it's really the quickbooks side of the make integration that I'm stumbling with, not the airtable side as much... did you get my request, and if it's not something you could help with, do you have a recommendation for someone that could? Thanks!

Hi @Shira_Loa!

Yes, I received your email on Wednesday and replied to you a few hours later! Can you check to see if my email went into your spam folder?

And yes, I do lots of QuickBooks & Make integrations for my clients! 😃

Best,
Scott