359 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CC-JennK
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am newish to AT so maybe I am missing something.  I have read a few, slightly older, threads where users are looking for a two way sync solution and there have been many third party for a few solutions to their connection needs.  I don't need a two way sync, looking for one way from Sheets to AT.

I am working on a project to link multiple content calendars and projects. Some of those calendars live in Google sheets, in the future we may be able to lure those teams over to using AT but that is not in the cards at the moment.

What I am looking for is a solution that does not require us to have a subscription to yet another service.  I mistakenly thought that AT would have been the solution for these calendars that live in different systems.

Is there a way currently to one way sync a Google sheet to AT?  I want AT to be the source of truth but the teams will be working out of sheets to make updates, so would just need those updates to be reflected in AT.  Updates could be new lines in sheets, or changes to data or info in another row. So the sync would not only need to take into consideration new rows created in sheets but also any updates to existing rows.

AT does so well at syncing data from other sources we use that I was surprised that this sync option is not something I can easily find or do.

Thanks!

Jenn
2 Replies 2

Yes, your best bet is to use Make's Google Sheets integrations.

New rows can be easily monitored, but updates to existing rows can only be monitored if you are using the Chrome browser, and if you install Make's Chrome extension.

If you have never used Make before, you'll probably need to spend a few hours to learn it.

I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources in this thread: https://air.tableforums.com/t/make-com-basic-navigation-tips/277

And Make even created an entire Make Training Academy here.

i also give live demonstrations of how to use Make in many of my Airtable podcast appearances here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbH9iE5ncCk&list=PLqssva4liHRwHhQIpTXekG8WObEoyC2F1

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable & Make consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Devinder_Singh
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

In case you consider another service, try out Byteline data sync. It offers 2-way and 1-way sync between Google Sheets and Airtable with the following features:

1. Custom filters to fine-tune the data to sync.
  2. Historical sync to take care of the existing data in Google Sheets and Airtable