641 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Myra_Rivera
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi! I’m looking for help writing a formula. I need something that will automatically check off boxes in separate fields for 2/9 through 2/21 if individuals will be present based on the entered arrival/ departure dates.

“if x date is between the range of arrival date and departure date, insert checkbox, otherwise blank”

For example if the arrival date is 2/12/21 and departure is 2/20/21, I’d want it to check off all of the dates in between, but not 2/9-11 or anything after 2/20

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Myra_Rivera! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: A formula can’t change the contents of other fields. It can only output a value in the formula field itself. Formulas also can’t currently iterate through collections; i.e. a collection of dates in a specific range.

What you could do, though, is turn those checkbox fields into formula fields, with each one reading the arrival and departure dates, comparing against a single fixed date (different for each field), and outputting a checkbox emoji if the right conditions are met.

However, before going down that path, it might help to know the big picture of what you’re trying to achieve with all of this marking of dates. How many date fields will your table have? Are you only checking that narrow date range, or do your dates span a greater stretch of time?