316 8
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tahsinh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a table that is creating a record for each client that completes a form. I have another table on the same base which is a synced google drive table with all client folders. Is there a formula/automation I can use to link the "open in google drive" button from the synced drive table to the client table? 

8 Replies 8
Shawn_Peters
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

There should be a way to extract the url from the button, use a lookup to pull the url into the client table, then have a button field target the lookup of the url.

-Shawn
慄Time Wizard

I have the URL but I am struggling automating the lookup/linked fields between tables. I do not want to take the extra step of assigning a folder to a client form entry. Is there a way to automate a folder linking to a client record based on the name in between different tables on the same base? 

Shawn_Peters
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Tashsinh! 

• Are you trying to create the initial link between the client and the folder? 

• if so it  would require having a field within the folders table that can be your identifier within an automation triggered to link a client record when your needed conditions are met. (new client record, etc.)
  • If the logic to link the records is not covered within the built-in automations, the script extension can likely assist with automating the linked references you are after.

let me know if I can be of any help.
    -Shawn
-Shawn
慄Time Wizard

I am trying to get it so the highlighted folder field autopopulates in the client table when the name from the drive table matches the full name on the client table

tahsinh_1-1715292142465.png

tahsinh_0-1715292051475.png

Will there be a possibility of the folder matching the client ever being updated or changing?

-Shawn
慄Time Wizard

No but the names do not exactly match all the time. They should be updated soon so it matches though. 

Shawn_Peters
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Are you familiar with utilizing the in base automations? I believe you can have this triggered a couple different ways:

• as running on a timer, on a scheduled basis
  • as a record in the clients table has the folder field empty.

You can either link the records with the automation, or have the open in gdrive url pasted into the client record. Both have benefits. Your use case/need will ultimately help you decide. 🙂 
-Shawn
慄Time Wizard

Airtable has a guide on how to find and link existing records that you can find here: https://support.airtable.com/docs/linking-existing-records-using-automations

If I were you I'd use the guide above and trigger the automation when the form gets submitted, should do what you need!