Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Regex for this field?

Topic Labels: Formulas
Solved
Jump to Solution
221 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking to filter properties for owners that live out of state. I get information from my data source in the format below. What’s a Regex formula I can use to separate out the City, State, and 5digit ZIP?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

I take it that you’re looking for three fields, therefore three formulas. Here’s what I came up with for a {City} field formula:

IF({Recorded Owner City State Zip}, REGEX_EXTRACT({Recorded Owner City State Zip}, "(.*)(?:,.*)"))

{State} field formula:

IF({Recorded Owner City State Zip}, REGEX_EXTRACT({Recorded Owner City State Zip}, "(?:, )(.{2})"))

{Zip} field formula:

IF({Recorded Owner City State Zip}, REGEX_EXTRACT({Recorded Owner City State Zip}, "\\d{5}"))

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 12.33.07 AM

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1

I take it that you’re looking for three fields, therefore three formulas. Here’s what I came up with for a {City} field formula:

IF({Recorded Owner City State Zip}, REGEX_EXTRACT({Recorded Owner City State Zip}, "(.*)(?:,.*)"))

{State} field formula:

IF({Recorded Owner City State Zip}, REGEX_EXTRACT({Recorded Owner City State Zip}, "(?:, )(.{2})"))

{Zip} field formula:

IF({Recorded Owner City State Zip}, REGEX_EXTRACT({Recorded Owner City State Zip}, "\\d{5}"))

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 12.33.07 AM