Help

Re: List of recurring, identical tasks (todo) for several events throughout the year

Solved
Jump to Solution
990 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NicoB
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Greetings to all,

I'm looking for an efficient solution to a problem concerning the organization of my to-do list for different events during the year.
We've drawn up a list of tasks (110) to be repeated at each event.

I'm facing 2 issues:
1 - When I create a list view, I link the tasks with the event; the task remains a single record, so if I validate a task for an event, the task will be validated for ALL events. It doesn't matter what the hierarchy of my list is (or did I misunderstand?).
2 - In a previous version with 89 tasks, I was able to get around this issue with record templates. When we decided to take part in an event, the 89 records were created, and then I pressed a button to launch several automations linking the new records to the congress. Not the most refined method, but it worked very well. Problem: record templates are limited to 100 records per base.

I'd like to avoid recreating a table for each event to keep a clean AirTable base. If possible, have one event table, one task table. If necessary, a 3rd table to join the previous two.
I'd like to automate the creation of the to-do list and avoid making crude copy-pastes for each event.

Edit: Each spot has a different deadline depending on the date of the event. So I can't reduce my task list with long text and checkboxes.

Do you have any ideas to help me?

Thank you in advance for your feedback and your time

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Colina
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I really like this script for creating tasks from a template, and I think that you should be able to add more than 100 using this method. To use this you'll need to set-up a couple of additional tables in your base to house your template, and you'll need to adjust the syntax of the script so it matches your table and view names. Once you do that, though, you should be off to the races!

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Josh_Colina
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I really like this script for creating tasks from a template, and I think that you should be able to add more than 100 using this method. To use this you'll need to set-up a couple of additional tables in your base to house your template, and you'll need to adjust the syntax of the script so it matches your table and view names. Once you do that, though, you should be off to the races!

NicoB

Hello @Josh_Colina

I'm not familiar with scripting, but it sounds like a perfect fit!
Thanks to you for taking the time to answer me, I'm going to work on it today and learn how to implement and use it.
We should have a great tool for our event management.