Help

The Airtable Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on September 17 from 10:00 PM PST to 11:15 PM PST. During this period, you may experience temporary disruptions. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Interface Button change color and label after clicking

Topic Labels: Interface Designer
Solved
Jump to Solution
1220 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris-bern
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Dear all

I'm new here to the community - so thank you for all future help & interaction!

I have trouble finding a setting to the buttons in interfaces. In the airtable manual (https://support.airtable.com/docs/interface-element-button) there ist the following description: 

Appearance

Before moving on to further interface configuration or publishing your interface, you may want to rename/label the button or change its color to provide more context to collaborators who are interacting within the interface you are building. You can also have the button update colors and/or label after the button has been clicked

I saw this function in the past, but can't find it consistently. Maybe I'm just don't see it or was it removed? I also can't find any thread or comment about this.

Since it is a very valuable feature, I'm greatful for every hint!

Kind regards, Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Very confusingly and annoyingly, Airtable has 2 different types of buttons: Button FIELDS and INTERFACE buttons. Only INTERFACE buttons offer this feature, not button FIELDS.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Very confusingly and annoyingly, Airtable has 2 different types of buttons: Button FIELDS and INTERFACE buttons. Only INTERFACE buttons offer this feature, not button FIELDS.

Thank you for the answer!

I tested it and found that the feature is only available for the 'Update Record' action. I have a lot of automations that are triggered by buttons and it's not available for "Run Automation". That's a shame, I hope it's coming soon.