1831 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OgreMkV
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have been trying to wrap my brain around this for months now. I just can't figure out how to do it. 

I want a table with all my team's tasks. Each project has multiple assignments and each assignment has multiple tasks (usually around 10 or so). We usually enter 10 - 150 assignments at a time and they are spread out over multiple start dates. There are a couple of different assignment types and each has a different list of tasks. 

There's some additional data that we attach to each assignment (requirements) and tasks (expected hours to complete, etc). All of that is in various tables. Our upload spreadsheet has all the requirements, first person assigned (starting the assignment), start date, etc. 

What I need to do is enter, copy/paste, or upload the list of assignments and have airtable: 
1) create the list of tasks for each assignment based on the assignment type
1a) each task in sequence using a formula (e.g. start date + 3 work days) to create a due date
1b) the next task in the sequence creating a start date from the previous task due date
2) each task needs it's own line since it will have a different person assigned (we can do that manually), but will need to pull information from the requirements table and the tasks table. 

I have been reading quite a bit and some people say this isn't possible and some people say that it is through a script or automation. But I can't figure out how to make an automation create a record in the tasks table using the task list table and assign the data from an "upload" table to the task.

I have managed to figure out color coding so if a task is at risk or late, we can see that at a glance. 

Any help is appreciated. 

1 Solution
1 Reply 1