2336 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Limi
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi all, I already know Airtable doesnt allow you to share interfaces with non-users (not a good move, Airtable!) but i'm trying to not give up on the beautiful dashboards i made.

Other than taking a screenshot, are there any extensions/third-party tools that i can use to share my dashboards with others that are not on Airtable? We want to share it with our board, funders, etc.

17 Replies 17

I think you're imagining a B2B situation here.  Not every business is B2B.  You don't have to become an authenticated user to browse the contents of an online store, do you?  Their inventory is in a back end database but the store you're browsing is a curated presentation of only the data they want you to see. 

Matteo_Cossu3
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

My bad, I guess Google does allow unauthenticated access. Still – I think you all are mistaking an enterprise database software for little business applications. AT is for big companies. You can still use AT as your backend, for unauthenticated (similare to a website) access there's a plethora of front-end apps.

SaS_AT
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all,

Not sure if you are still looking for a solution (albeit, 3rd party) but I use Softr which integrates very well with Airtable, is affordable and SUPER easy to use.

I built a public app in a week, but you can also create user accounts and enable logins to show only that person's data.

This is the solution I found when I found interfaces too difficult to build with - Softr was 10x easier.

I hope this might help someone.

Irene_Pak1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I'm throwing in my two pennies a bit late, but in one of my scenarios, which may pertain to some here - where you are sharing an interface on a read-only level with a revolving set of individuals - I simply create a guest account/login (I create an email alias under my own domain, so I don't have to pay for an additional Google Workspace account, but this can also be done with a throwaway gmail account) and share the login information with them.

This sidesteps the friction involved with getting someone to create an Airtable account (and subsequently get their inbox spammed by Airtable newsletters and marketing.)

This workaround means you set up the login using a password (NOT signing with Google or Apple ID) and do without 2fa. You would also want to set up a separate login for each collection of interfaces you'd be sharing with different groups. Each login gives access to specific sets of interfaces. 

For MANIPULATING data, I can understand why this requires an Airtable account (though the cost skyrockets the more separate editor accounts you need to add). For those scenarios, you will want to look into Softr and decide if you want to invest time setting up a 3rd party interface to save money. You are trading time for money, so the question is how much money are you saving, vs time spent building and fixing Softr when changes to the base structure are made on the AT side. AT interfaces break too, but at least you get some warning when that may happen. You'll get no warning with how changes impact Softr, so that requires more diligent monitoring.

@MelissaNunesJust to provide some slight clarification. You can make forms, also under interfaces, public. There you curate the fields and only allow the creation of records. You can also hide fields from an interface share(at the least when it's view only). The issue is even if you make a base completely public no one public can see the interface.

atusr
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

i hope airtable launches this function before our retirement dates.

imogenblow

I need this too!! Airtable please make it happen! It should be like a Google doc