Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Interfaces need Public Sharing Option

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raechyl
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I'd like to request that Interfaces get the same sharing options the rest of the base gets - specifically the ability to share publicly without someone having to have an account/base access to see it. If you can do this in a base, you should be able to do it in the Interface, which is theoretically designed for sharing.

This is a feature I've seen numerous people request - just adding my voice to it. It would transform our workflow, and currently, this is the only thing Smartsheet has on Airtable in my mind. I can't convince the rest of our team to transition to Airtable if we don't have this feature.

15 Comments
dankfarrik
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

💯this would be such a useful feature! This could work well for creating a client or contractor portal to provide updates or summaries of information, saving the hassle of having to spend time creating something bespoke on Bubble! 

tjbiddle
5 - Automation Enthusiast

There's a thread in another forum (Not Ideas Forum) that has over 3 pages and 80+ kudos. If that were merged here, it would place it in the top 10 ideas. It should really be considered!

https://community.airtable.com/t5/other-questions/how-to-make-link-to-interface-public/td-p/81008/pa...

Kjell_Myran

Would love if this could happen!

LaureP
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I need this feature too! 

SKems
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

For a collaborative tool like Interfaces, the ability to generate a public link is table stakes. I understand it may not have made MVP but it's time to prioritize this feature. It's useless for me without it and forces me to rely on 3rd party tools. 

bsnouffer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed! This is a greatly needed feature. If this isn't available I will have to look towards switching to another platform. Interfaces would be a great way to share summary data publicly for NGOs, government agencies, etc.

@SKemsWhat 3rd party tools are you using to address this? Thanks!

SKems
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@bsnouffer We are using Glide to create custom front-end interfaces for Airtable data. It's working well so far and they have a nice free plan and affordable upgrades (which I haven't needed to use yet). Still it would be nice to do it all in Airtable.

kp_DFINITY
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I need this too!  

djchuang
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding my vote to this feature! Should be easy enough, I'd think, but what do I know. 🙂 I don't even need the filter function; I'd love to just share an overview of the data summary, like this:

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 11.58.25 AM.png

MxMercedes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would love to see this. Ran into a scenario today that this would be a game changer for