1738 8
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DevinA
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

So I have discovered that automating a PDF into an attachment field is not possible from page designer at the moment. I was curious if anyone has found a way to view their page designer block in an interface? If not I will have to go back to the "data" side of the base and move it over to an attachment field and then go back into the interface. I think if I could just view the page designer in an interface I could screenshot the page and drop it into an attachment field without leaving the interface.

8 Replies 8

I strongly agree that we need this feature! 

philcyrmtl
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I do this using Documint.me it saves your pdf to an attachment field. You can do that with a button in interface. Then I created another button to send an email using automations and attaching the pdf from the attachment field.

Lisa_Compton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Me too! We just started using Interfaces and LOVE it, but this feature is desperately needed.

Carlos_M_Castil
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Not really a page designer element, but there's a workaround using a hidden interface in your app. Just style the interface the way you want and make a button to go to that interface. Users can print that page directly in the interface. Just the best approximation I could find without having to give users permission to the base data.

Hey Carlos!

This is a great work around for the time being. It does limit some automation and design capabilities but would work. A way to automate a PDF would be ideal and hopefully is coming in the near future as this is a bottle neck for invoicing/proposing jobs in my opinion.

Definitely worth having. Page designer in interfaces is a game changer.

It just seems so silly. They have built an interface inside the data "Page Designer" then rolled out an interface that doesn't support the ONLY pdf format available through the program.  The fact that Mini extensions had a solution for this right as it rolls out is interesting. Maybe Airtable should purchase their dev team as they seem to understand real problems people have.

simpjd
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any updates on this? We're using documint however its costs a fortune and we're now exceeding the monthly limits of their top level (3,000 documents a month)...