1105 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott_Hoek
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Heard back from support again today, and it’s not good news.

They apologized for being the bearer of bad news, but apparently the decision to only give us three weeks to change to the new plans was a deliberate one.  They made it sound like they had attempted to get the product team to change their mind on this (which makes this feel like a rather disjointed company) but in the end, the product team decided to tell us all to take our multi-source syncs and API calls and shove them right up our asses.

Here’s the thing I don’t get: in my case, the biggest issue we have is the lack of multi-source syncing.  Support basically said, “well, just sync multiple tables and use linked records, you fking dummie.”  But like, that obviously doesn’t result in any less syncs running on the backend (or reduced compute costs) so really, the only reason to make us change it all up in two weeks now is, I guess, spite?

Airtable really did just tell us all to get fked.  There isn’t a whole lot I regret more than spending the last four years building in and advocating for this platform.

So, what are you all switching to, and why?

4 Replies 4
Jake_Wilson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

why don't you just upgrade to Business plan?

Why do you feel I should need to double my costs to keep features I've been using for four years?

I've got clients who have entire budgets that hinge on the original cost of airtable for their tech stacks. I have to go to these clients and explain that they have to double their cost right now or things will start breaking. Do you think that's the right way to work with customers? To ignore those of us that have really evangelized the platform to clients. It's not that simple, right now, to "just upgrade." 

Jon_Stephenson
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

My view is that Airtable has been underpriced for a long time, and we have all benefitted from that.

In order to fund continued development, introduce new features etc., they need to set a fair price point.  You try getting anything close to AirTable for their old pricing and you will not succeed.  The new pricing is fair given the features and limits.  I am moving from Pro to business happily, and will be happy with that.  I get great value from AT even at the new pricing.

Should there have been more notice, yes I think there should have been. But don't take it out on support they don't make the policies son pricing and notice, email the CEO or contact sales to lodge a complaint.