cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PerluAgency
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

We added a button to open the link , but when we make it a PDF, the button doesn't work.

PerluAgency_0-1689521512633.png

Can anyone help with this problem?

3 Replies 3
Juliana
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi there! Are you still experiencing any trouble with this functionality? I've tested this with a webpage leading to a PDF with successful results, so I'm curious if it might be a specific link or configuration that is producing this unintended behavior. Please feel free to either private message me details of the url/configuration within Community or reach out to Support directly referencing a potential bug, and we'll gladly take a closer look with you. 😊

Sophia_Pedlow1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

this doesnt work for me either

Hi @Sophia_Pedlow1! I'll go ahead and leave some of the tips PerluAgency and I discussed below in case it should help other users:

If the issue were to be something along the lines of having the button field open a url leading to a pdf stored online, like so, this should be supported. Though, is your team using the in-browser Print option and moving to Save as PDF, where the button field cells are not clickable (such as in this screenshot)?

If the latter action is applicable here, unfortunately this would be expected behavior, as we do not technically support exports to PDFs and this is done through the browser's own formatting choices. We do offer the ability to export as CSVs, however, which would transform the button field into the underlying urls so they're able to be clicked. Alternatively, you can instead opt to leave out the button field on any PDF exports in favor of the full link url.

Hoping this can help to clarify the options available here, though please let me know if you're looking to accomplish something different!