cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeremy_b
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everyone,

I'm a beginner on Airtable, I don't really know where to post this message, so sorry in advance if it's in the wrong place, I have some ideas for resolution but it could be in automation, base design or then formulas, I chose to post in Other questions.

I couldn't put a screen shot because the data is sensitive. 🙏

I'd like to know how it's possible to keep the previous information that filled a field.

Let me explain:
We're doing a small CRM.
So I use the Kanban view based on status and when a customer record hasn't been modified for 4 days, I've been asked to set up an automation so that the customer record goes into "Action Required" status.
The aim would be to have an action to return the customer file to the previous status once the action has been carried out by the sales person.
The problem is that we have 7 different statuses, so the previous status can be 6 different statuses.
I thought of a button, but the rollback action (based on a record) doesn't seem to exist.

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

Created a second field that is status history.  In your automation that changes the status, first copy the current status to the history field

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

Created a second field that is status history.  In your automation that changes the status, first copy the current status to the history field