Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Allow formula fields to be included in forms

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Manna_Team
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Trying to build a solution for our staff and a field that is the result of a formula calculation would REALLY be helpful. Currently calculated fields are not included on forms. I think this feature would add great value to Airtable, as it would allow people to build invoice forms with live feedback of costs.

15 Comments
John_Wallace
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes! This would be a great addition.

shanti_rubens

Yes please include this feature. For example, someone could fill in a form saying that they want to buy something for $2 and another item for $5 and the form could state that the total cost will be $7.

Victoria_Hay
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks for the feedback! As youโ€™ve discovered, we donโ€™t currently display calculated fields (formula, lookup, rollup, count, and autonumber fields) in our forms. This is something we can consider for the future, though! Note that we recommend that any base collaborators with edit access use our expanded record view instead. It has a form-like layout, and users will be able to view any calculated fields!

BDD
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yesโ€ฆI also desperately need that feature!

Lee_Almodovar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The expanded record view doesnโ€™t help those of us that have Public Facing forms where the user does not have access to the Airtable (and shouldnโ€™t). Itโ€™s helpful too for those of us trying to get a better search function out of integrations like Zapier.

Greg_Berry
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am shocked this isnโ€™t a โ€œfeatureโ€ yet. Thereโ€™s this and some other seemingly basic โ€œfeaturesโ€ that may have us move off Airtable. Is there any update to this?

William_Boswell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Another cool application of this idea would be the ability to include hyperlinks generated by formulas that take the data entered in the form and convert it into a specific web address. Also could be used to generate specific Mailto links based on data entered.

Lyndsey_Lewis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is definitely be a feature that I would like to use, and would love to see implemented.

William_Coron

Please! This would be very helpful and a powerful feature of forms. +1 for this feature.

Gonz

+1 for this one too. I would like the person to enter a date that must be between two calculated dates. Since there is no possibility to validate the entry, it would be great to at least display the date boundaries, or even display a thumb up if the date input is OK. THanks