Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Alternating Row Color for Read-ability

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coyote_WAN
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am entering a bunch of field from left to right. I have several Columns that span from the left to right portion of my screen. Sometimes my eyes betray me and I start looking at the wrong row. I used to change my Excel spreadsheets to a style that altered the row color from white to another light color like blue or grey so that you can easily see the row you are on. I found it easier to follow the row across like this …

Is there a way to do that in Airtable?

5 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I don’t think there’s a way to do this in Airtable. You may want to submit it as a feature request in the Product Suggestions topic.

However, in the meantime, you’ll notice that if you click into a record, that entire row changes its color to a light grey, to distinguish which row you’re currently working on from the other rows.

Marina_Michaels
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I, too, would love to have alternating row shading. That would make the tables more usable and accessible.

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@ScottWorld I changed the category for this post to move it to Product Suggestions, as the added request from @Marina_Michaels is pretty much guiding the discussion in that direction.

Talisman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is such a no-brainer. Unfortunately I don't see the row change color when I select it ... I hope it's taken seriously as a request.

Bob_Rutledge

Shade alternate rows option 🍻