Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

BUG: Horizontal Scroll Moves Vertically

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Goce_Ristov
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Shift + Scroll was working very well up until a few weeks ago. I am not sure what you guys changes, but it is definitely only a bug related to Airtable. Shift + Scroll works fine in every other windows application. Also tried the following from a few completely different PCs and the bug is still present. So it is most definitely Airtable related.

Whenever you hold shift and scroll, it moves horizontally fine. But at the end of the scroll, it moves a few rows up or down depending on the direction you’ve moved your mouse scroll wheel.

This was not the case up until a few weeks ago. It all started happening when you updated something. So please try to fix this one. It is very annoying and makes horizontal scrolling rather useless.

24 Comments
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Just for the record, this errant behavior doesn’t exist on the Mac.

Aaron_Alberto_G
5 - Automation Enthusiast

it moves a few lines horizontally, a few vertically. Windows 10 on Chrome

William_Leung
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This still seems to be a valid issue. Was able to reproduce on Windows 10 / Chrome Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Dimi_Timeline

I was wondering if there’s something wrong with because I’ve had the same issue since day 1 of using Airtable. please please fix this bug

johnnywandering
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m seeing the same issue on Windows 10, Shift + Scroll used to move horizontally ok but then moved a few rows up or down at the end of the scroll, but now Shift + Scroll seems to act in the same way as just Scroll, so Shift doesn’t seem to be having any effect on scrolling at all. This is most definitely an Airtable issue, can’t replicate on any other applications

Sagar_Ghonge
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Such a basic functionality. Not sure why they can’t fix it.

Sam_Eberle1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Old thread so I am hoping there is a fix for this.
I have the same issue on Chrome Windows. Shift+Scroll does nothing Wheel tile moves about 20 pixels at a time.

Evan_Patronik
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any movement on this, Airtable team? Confirming that in Windows 10, both in chrome and the desktop app, horizontal scrolling does not work (or a few pixels at best). Would love to see a useful update from the team! Thanks.

Eugenio_Bernard
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Still a problem on Windows 10

Traci_Franssen

same issue for me, Windows 10 desktop app and Chrome. shift doesn’t change the scroll at all, just scrolls up and down. i want sideways scroll!