Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Change event length/duration?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noah_Cates
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

In Calendar View, an event (i.e. record) that has a time included in the Date/Time field is automatically shown to have a duration of 1 hour. This is very visible when looking at the Week, 3-day, or 1-day view.

I can’t find any way to change this. I tried adding a Duration field, but this didn’t seem to do anything.

Is there a way to change the duration of an event and have it reflected in Calendar view? For example, to 30 minutes or 90 minutes or 3 hours?

If not, I’d like to request this capability be added. Even better, I’d also request the ability to set a default duration other than 1 hour for all new events.

4 Comments
Danilo_Redaelli
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any update on this? TIA - Danilo

Reuben_Irving
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The ability to change the duration of a calendar event would be extremely useful!

Melissa_Ruiz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any updates on this??

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

To show custom durations for events, you need a pro workspace and two fields: one for the starting date/time and another for the ending date/time. If both date/times are editable, you will be able to drag the event around on the calendar. If you have a starting time and a duration, you can calculate the ending date/time using a formula field, but you will no longer be able to drag the event around on the calendar…

For more info, see the documentation.