Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Collapse non-working hours in Calendar Interface / Calendar View

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus
What is the proposed idea/solution?

Within a Calendar Week View - Similarly to how we can collapse a weekend to only show weekdays, I'd like the ability to collapse hours outside of designated working hours. This requirements differs for each user, some who work 24/hr shifts need access to all hours, but those of us who don't most likely just need to see a configurable 1/3 of the day.

How does is solve the user problems?

Screenshot below shows how user Calendar engagement is constantly interrupted by vertical scrolling to access the weeks data. 

Karlstens_0-1687216009719.png

Karlstens_1-1687216124673.png

Who is the target audience?

Anyone who uses a Calendar View or Calendar interface to juggle their working week.

4 Comments
Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

EDIT: The problem detailed below is more about not being able to disable the Calendar Pop-up, whilst still keeping the ability to both create/adjust Calendar records, and then open them directly via SideSheet - bypassing the Calendar Pop-up completely. Unfortunately, upon disabling the Calendar Pop-up, the ability to directly drag/drop/create/edit Calendar entries is also blocked.

Whilst in the Calendar Interface - the option "Allow users to edit and create records inline" option needs to be separated into two toggles - one for allowing the user to Edit and another for allowing the user to Create.

Karlstens_0-1687217535615.png

In my example, I want to edit my records 100% with the SideSheet that I've configured, however, I still require the ability to create new records inline by double clicking the calendar. Unfortunately, to have the latter functionality, it also turns on the calendar popup - which is featureless and problematic in comparison to the much more detailed SideSheet that I've already configured that it's now competing with.

Lclore
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This would be simple to do and would make a massive impact in my business! 

Arthur_Jones1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

A Must have! I'm staring at 2/3rds of a calendar as white space, with a ton of info jammed in the middle needlessly. Seems doable! 

Customizable "Time Range" for calendars. Allow users to (for example) start the calendar view at 8am and end it at 6pm. Understandably, time zones complicate things a little but it still must be solvable

danbrowne
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would really appreciate a solution for this!