Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Custom Record Input Screen

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim_Graziano
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

New to Airtable. I’m looking for a customizable record input screen and can’t seem to find one, so I guess this is a product suggestion. I’d like to be able to enter all fields in a record on one configurable screen, not have to scroll down an expanded record view or scroll across grid view. Basically a Page Designer for inputting records, not just displaying. When you are finished populating the fields and hit Enter, a new screen will pop up with fields blank ready for input. This is pretty standard stuff in DB programs, I am not seeing it here. Thanks!

27 Comments
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

I don’t know Airtable’s plans for creating such a view (which if made would probably come as improvements to Forms), but this would make for a good Custom App in the meantime.

Bill_French
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Totally what I was thinking. Doesn’t @openside have this on the drawing board?

openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Yes, coming soon… will report back when ready to showcase.

Jim_Graziano
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Sounds good! Thanks!

John_Fabrega
5 - Automation Enthusiast

+1 Hoping I’ll get a notification when it is ready to look at.

Jim_Graziano
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you very much. It is really my only serious complaint with AirTable. Other than that I love it. Entering many records is a pain having to scroll down a list of fields or tab across a grid view. I’m hoping they will do multiple input screens (1 per view?), but even just 1 with all fields would be an improvement.
Thanks again!

Jim_Graziano
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Any idea when this may become available?
Thanks!

openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hey @Jim_Graziano - good timing. It just went into review with Airtable over the weekend. There will likely be some back and forth on things they want us to change, but hopefully won’t take too long to get approved and into their marketplace.

We have started prepping our site to explain what it is and how it works. You can start reviewing it here:

and documentation: On2Air: Amplify | On2Air Support

Jim_Graziano
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks very much! I’ll check it out!

John_Fabrega

Looking good! Is it likely to follow the same pricing schema as the rest of the offerings?

Is it likely that it will eventually have functionality like required fields, enforce unique, conditional field formatting (even the ability to fill the background of fields with different colors would help), or horizontal positioning of fields in one of the panes?