Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Disable Print View

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Chameli_Kuduva
5 - Automation Enthusiast

We are trying to use Airtable to depict information with restriction on copying data and it doesnโ€™t make sense for us to have the print view option. How do I disable it?

7 Comments
Matthew_Thomas
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Welcome to the community @Chameli_Kuduva!

It is not possible to disable the print view entirely from within Airtable. However, if you have sensitive information that you donโ€™t want copied or saved there are a few things you can do to address that.

When sharing a base or view with other team members you can control the access level they have to read/edit the contents of the base. The documentation below also shows how you can customize this per view if youโ€™d like!

In other words, you can create a view with only the information you want to share, and restrict collaborators to seeing just that view. There is also an option to โ€œAllow viewers to copy data out of this viewโ€ which seems to be relevant to your question.

If this answers your question, please consider marking it as โ€œsolutionโ€. If not, Iโ€™m happy to work with you further. Thanks!

Richard_Eddy1

I donโ€™t think Matthewโ€™s suggestions provide a solution. I would like to make certain columns of a large membership table accessible at a help desk, including mobile phone and email details. The ability to print the entire list to a PDF or printer is a privacy risk that cannot be taken. Is there no way the presence of that facility can be an โ€œAllow viewers to print data out of this viewโ€ option?

Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

@Jordan_Scott1, I would also like to bump this thread up. Providing a read only Network Directory that can be printed is not useful.

Ryan_Cook
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I agree- what is the point if a reader can print the information? It would be great to just have a disable button for this.

intiims

The same problem for me, the data cant be copied by just printing/saving as PDF. Still no way to change this?

Petra_Kemkova
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same here, I don't want my employees to be able to print the list of email addressed, we promised to protect, but they need them to be able to work. I just don't want it to be download-able on one document with one click. This is a bummer!

deanpatino
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

What is the status of being able to disable the Print View option?  Seems it should be a very simple feature request change.  Would someone from Airtable please advise?