Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Disable Print View

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chameli_Kuduva
5 - Automation Enthusiast

We are trying to use Airtable to depict information with restriction on copying data and it doesn’t make sense for us to have the print view option. How do I disable it?

7 Comments
Matthew_Thomas
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Welcome to the community @Chameli_Kuduva!

It is not possible to disable the print view entirely from within Airtable. However, if you have sensitive information that you don’t want copied or saved there are a few things you can do to address that.

When sharing a base or view with other team members you can control the access level they have to read/edit the contents of the base. The documentation below also shows how you can customize this per view if you’d like!

In other words, you can create a view with only the information you want to share, and restrict collaborators to seeing just that view. There is also an option to “Allow viewers to copy data out of this view” which seems to be relevant to your question.

If this answers your question, please consider marking it as “solution”. If not, I’m happy to work with you further. Thanks!

Richard_Eddy1

I don’t think Matthew’s suggestions provide a solution. I would like to make certain columns of a large membership table accessible at a help desk, including mobile phone and email details. The ability to print the entire list to a PDF or printer is a privacy risk that cannot be taken. Is there no way the presence of that facility can be an “Allow viewers to print data out of this view” option?

Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

@Jordan_Scott1, I would also like to bump this thread up. Providing a read only Network Directory that can be printed is not useful.

Ryan_Cook
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I agree- what is the point if a reader can print the information? It would be great to just have a disable button for this.

intiims

The same problem for me, the data cant be copied by just printing/saving as PDF. Still no way to change this?

Petra_Kemkova
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same here, I don't want my employees to be able to print the list of email addressed, we promised to protect, but they need them to be able to work. I just don't want it to be download-able on one document with one click. This is a bummer!

deanpatino
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

What is the status of being able to disable the Print View option?  Seems it should be a very simple feature request change.  Would someone from Airtable please advise?