Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Editable Grid for interfaces AND automations

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aarongh
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast
What is the proposed idea/solution?

Allow greater customisation of the Grid element in both interfaces and automations, in 3 ways: First, in the same way that field on an interface can have a 'friendly' display name, allow the same for grid columns (interface & automations). Second, allow the primary key field to be hidden (interfaces only, as this already exists in automations). Third, allow column order to be manually set (in interfaces a workaround is to create a view, but in automations there is no workaround, and column ordering is determined by when fields were added to the base table).

How does is solve the user problems?

Allows for greater customisation of grids, and aligns the grid element functionality more closely to that of other interface and automation elements. 

How was this validated?

Who is the target audience?

Developers

1 Comment
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, these are very important features to have!

In the meantime, I've got my Airtable consulting clients using Noloco to do all of this.

Noloco can be a little bit confusing to setup, which is why I demonstrated it on this recent Airtable podcast episode:

https://youtu.be/_Jwb0CFJ2qY