Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Enable submission of forms from shared base link

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matthew_Dewey
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

When using a shared base link it is currently not possible to submit a response to a form. When you navigate to a form page the following message pops up:

Form

This means that instead of being able to provide a single shared base link, I need to provide a separate link to the form which creates a slightly confusing user experience.

Enabling submission of forms from shared base links makes it a very powerful tool for sharing information with and collecting information from a customer base.

2 Comments
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I understand where your frustration is coming from, but I believe the Form View from within the base is there for editing purposes only. You couldn’t submit a response from that view even with creator credentials.

What I do as a workaround is to embed the shared base on a website (we have it on our company intranet), and then embed the form underneath or next to the base as a separate element. This works well and we haven’t had any confusion from it yet! Good luck :slightly_smiling_face:

Matthew_Dewey
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes I realise, what I am saying is that in a read only version of the base why not make forms into accessible versions for submission purposes? Otherwise there is an editable version that can’t be edited, which is entirely redundant.