Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Feature requests - default view settings and view columns that dynamically update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Gemperlein
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’ve used Airtable for a long time and I wish it had these two simple features:

1. Ability to reset filters/groups/sorting to a user-defined default for each view. That way I can play around but then reset to the defaults. Right now I just generate a view-only link for myself so I don’t mess up my view and refresh to get back to the default settings. It would be much better though if I could make changes in-base then either reset them or set them as the new default to lock them in.

2. Ability to update all views when I change something. For example, if I add a new column and then resize the column then for all of my other views, that column will be tacked on to the end and will not be resized. It’s a lot of work to go through and fix that column in every view every time I want to make a minor change like resizing or adding a column. Often I just delete all of my views and recreate them, since it’s easier than manually updating them all.

Anyone agree? Any workarounds that I’m not realizing?

2 Comments
Paul_Gemperlein

Reddit discussion

I just learned about the “Copy another view’s configuration” feature so that’s helpful

Heather_Hale
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Agreed.