Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Form - edit multiple tables

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noa_Moshkovitz
5 - Automation Enthusiast

At the moment we’re allowed to link the form to one table, I would like to have an option to link the form to several tables and so the data will be splitted into the tables according to the questions/columns :slightly_smiling_face:

18 Comments
Julian_Kirkness
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Using an External Forms package and Zapier

I’ve just read this thread through and would like to share a blog post I wrote in November about using Cognito Forms and Zapier to populate multiple sub records (from repeating fields in Cognito) in a database (Airtable is used as an example):

http://software.kirknessassociates.com/blog_files/9c91c7ada28c024f95a26f1ac8a8d620-25.html

This allows for the creation of a main record and sub records in Airtable.

Using Airtable forms and a separate table

Another approach I’ve used on projects is to capture the data into a single receiving table and then use Zapier (or Integromat, which is perhaps a more powerful solution) to ‘split it up’. This approach can even be used to update existing records - you simply need to search for the record to update in the Zapier Zap or Integromat Scenario and if it’s found you can update it - or if not create it.

I’ve not introduced Integromat into this forum before as I’ve only recently found it but it offers more flexible logic that Airtable (for example branching based on conditions). I will probably write a blog post about it soon.

A_K
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks @Julian_Kirkness. Can’t say I’m a fan of either solution, but I understand that unfortunately we don’t have a lot of options here and I appreciate your advice.

Michael_William
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I also need this for my application.

Michael_William
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’d like to use a form to enter data into multiple tables as discussed here:
https://community.airtable.com/t/form-edit-multiple-tables/5454/4

(separately discussed, I’d also need to enter data into multiple records as discussed here: Multiple Record Entry Forms)

This would allow me to enter parts on a quote where my quote table contains top-level information (Account, Contact, Quote Date, Etc…) and then on another table to load line-item data (part or service #1 at price X with quantity Y, part or service # 2 at price Y at price A with quantity B…).

Thanks,
Mike

Jessica_McCanse

Any update on this? I’d love to build a form that pulls info from a couple different tables. Is this in the works?

Travis_Pantin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Ditto. This would be great.

Jeri_Vespoli
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Needed! Otherwise, the only option is to duplicate info across tables.

Oriol_Segarra
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi dear people. This indeed would be wonderful

Do you know if it’s possible to pull information sitting in one row into a new row on another table?

Harold_Silva
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I also need this feature.

Kenny_Rawlins
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Have heard anything on this topic? Would love to see this feature. @Airtable_Team