Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Form - edit multiple tables

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Noa_Moshkovitz
5 - Automation Enthusiast

At the moment weโ€™re allowed to link the form to one table, I would like to have an option to link the form to several tables and so the data will be splitted into the tables according to the questions/columns :slightly_smiling_face:

18 Comments
Julian_Kirkness
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Using an External Forms package and Zapier

Iโ€™ve just read this thread through and would like to share a blog post I wrote in November about using Cognito Forms and Zapier to populate multiple sub records (from repeating fields in Cognito) in a database (Airtable is used as an example):

http://software.kirknessassociates.com/blog_files/9c91c7ada28c024f95a26f1ac8a8d620-25.html

This allows for the creation of a main record and sub records in Airtable.

Using Airtable forms and a separate table

Another approach Iโ€™ve used on projects is to capture the data into a single receiving table and then use Zapier (or Integromat, which is perhaps a more powerful solution) to โ€˜split it upโ€™. This approach can even be used to update existing records - you simply need to search for the record to update in the Zapier Zap or Integromat Scenario and if itโ€™s found you can update it - or if not create it.

Iโ€™ve not introduced Integromat into this forum before as Iโ€™ve only recently found it but it offers more flexible logic that Airtable (for example branching based on conditions). I will probably write a blog post about it soon.

A_K
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks @Julian_Kirkness. Canโ€™t say Iโ€™m a fan of either solution, but I understand that unfortunately we donโ€™t have a lot of options here and I appreciate your advice.

Michael_William
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I also need this for my application.

Michael_William
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Iโ€™d like to use a form to enter data into multiple tables as discussed here:
https://community.airtable.com/t/form-edit-multiple-tables/5454/4

(separately discussed, Iโ€™d also need to enter data into multiple records as discussed here: Multiple Record Entry Forms)

This would allow me to enter parts on a quote where my quote table contains top-level information (Account, Contact, Quote Date, Etcโ€ฆ) and then on another table to load line-item data (part or service #1 at price X with quantity Y, part or service # 2 at price Y at price A with quantity Bโ€ฆ).

Thanks,
Mike

Jessica_McCanse

Any update on this? Iโ€™d love to build a form that pulls info from a couple different tables. Is this in the works?

Travis_Pantin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Ditto. This would be great.

Jeri_Vespoli
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Needed! Otherwise, the only option is to duplicate info across tables.

Oriol_Segarra
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi dear people. This indeed would be wonderful

Do you know if itโ€™s possible to pull information sitting in one row into a new row on another table?

Harold_Silva
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I also need this feature.

Kenny_Rawlins
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Have heard anything on this topic? Would love to see this feature. @Airtable_Team