Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Interfaces Should Be Specific to Workspaces, Not Bases

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matthew_Carrano
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I often find myself needing to incorporate data from various databases into a single interface. While synchronizing data is an option, it often leads to cluttered databases filled with syncs that serve no other purpose than to support the interface.

The goal of interfaces in Airtable is to offer an experience akin to using an app: seamless and integrated. However, the inability to draw data directly from multiple databases undermines this objective. The need to create multiple interfaces or syncs detracts from the system's cohesiveness.

Furthermore, enhancing the left pane navigation with additional layering options would be highly beneficial. It would complement the capability to integrate data from various sources, further improving the system's functionality and user experience.

3 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Totally agree with you! Sadly, it doesn’t seem like Airtable is heading in this direction, but if you have extra money to spend on a monthly basis, you can get all of this (and more) from an external portal tool that is designed for Airtable.

My personal favorite portal is Noloco, but there are other ones as well. 

I give a brief tutorial of Noloco on this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast.

And I also presented a full one-hour webinar on Noloco called Building a Client Portal on Noloco powered by Airtable.

Matthew_Carrano
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey @ScottWorld, I would appreciate it if you didn't spam your promos on my post.

I much prefer Weweb anyway. Noloco is very limiting. 

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

It's not my product. It's just the most advanced portal I've used in my 7 years of being a top Airtable consultant, and it was specifically built with Airtable in mind from Day One.

I've used most of the Airtable portals offered today, and it's the only one I've used that I have been fully satisfied with so far.

I've never even heard of WeWeb — what do you like about it?