Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Limit Access for Interfaces

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
tomo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Option to Limit the Access to Interfaces.

I want to build an App for my co-workers that are not that techie. So i want to keep them from seeing the Base and only allow them to see certain areas of an Interface.

Would be helpful for customers too.

Sadly there is no way, as far as i can see

2 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, this functionality is natively built into Airtable, but Airtable doesn't make it very obvious on how to enable it.

There are 3 different share buttons in Airtable:

(1) The workspace share button.
(2) The base share button.
(3) The interface share button.

These all provide different functionality, even though they're all called "Share" and even though they all look identical in Airtable.

You need to first remove your users from (1) base access & (2) workspace access, and then you can just add them as (3) interface access only (using the interface share menu).

p.s. If you need to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting โ€” ScottWorld

TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Ah check out Airtable's documentation on how to share interfaces, it shows you how to do what you're looking for: https://support.airtable.com/docs/managing-and-sharing-interfaces