Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Linked table record lookup - hidden field count comes from top-most view in main (source) table

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itoldusoandso
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

This is not an issue of sort, but not completely expected, so I just wanted to mention here in case something that Airtable cares ponder on further. When lookup up source record (from within the linked table) - the window shows visible fields as defined by the 1st (top most) view defined in the source (main) table.
Let’s say I have 2 tables, table A is linked to table B. In table A (my main table) I have 2 views created, the 1st view has 200 hidden fields and the 2nd view has 100 hidden fields. The record in Table A is linked to Table B via a field.
I go in table A and open that 2nd view in Table A (with 100 hidden fields) and then jump to my linked table B where I open the linked record - I get window that looks like this:

The number of hidden fields is determined by the 1st (top most) view defined in the source (main table A) and that is regardless of what view I have currently open in my table A.

I would have expected the number of fields (see the picture) to be determined by the number of hidden fields in the view I have currently opened in the source (main) table).

It’s a small issue but it’s just something that could be improved on.

Untitled 2

1 Comment
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeah, this is perfect when you want it like this, but really bad when you don’t want it like this — because there’s absolutely no way to change this behavior.

It would be really great if Airtable gave us an additional option of which view we wanted to show the data from. This is how most other database programs work.