Hi. I have the following suggestions for improvements on the Calendar View so that it is easier to use and navigate.
- The calendar should be made SCROLLABLE so that, like other common calendar apps, you can view the next/previous month/weeks/days easily without searching for the tiny little ‘<>’ buttons to navigate between.
- The calendar should better have a ‘sync from’ function. Like how you sync your Airtable calendar contents to other calendar apps by ‘share view’ URL, Airtable can add a function for users to sync schedules from other apps to Airtable by typing in the Source Calendar’s URL. It should be different from the current Pro Plan Import Calendar Function, which only allows manual import of data but not synchronization. If there is currently a method to achieve this, I would very much like to know about it.
- There should be a Customize Record Preview function. When an record on the calendar is clicked on, it currently only shows the Name of record and its Date field. However, it may seem a bit meaningless since the calendar view already puts the record s on respective days according to its Date field. Would it be more practical if there is a ‘Customize Record Preview’ button (like ‘Customize Cards’ button in Gallery/Kanban View) which allows users to choose record field(s) they would like to show in the preview card after clicking on the record.
- The grids of the calendar can be more flexible, which means there can be a function for users to adjust the height/width of the grids in order to meet personal preferences. For example, users can set how many record s (e.g. 3/4/5/6) can be shown in every grid, and the height of each day will lengthen/shorten depending on it.
- Data range is quite an essential function so that I hope Airtable would include it in the basic plan in the future.
- Regarding the convenience, I think the title ‘June 2021’ (shown in the fig. below) should be made a clickable header, linking to a dropdown list/ quick menu for choosing months and year. It facilitates jumping to other years/months directly, but not repeatedly clicking on those ‘<>’ buttons.
Does anyone have similar views on the Calendar view configurations? Welcome to comment below! I hope Airtable would continue to make itself a better, multifunctional productivity tool.