Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Open Record Detail Variants via button

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joseph_Roza
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect
What is the proposed idea/solution?

This is a crosspost in the actual 'ideas' forum. I originally proposed this here

When opening a record details page (sidesheet/full page), I'd like to be able to press a button to open the same record details but in a different, customized record detail page.

I have so many customized record detail pages that I would love to make use of, but the only way to currently do that is in a different interface page, or use the 'open url in record' hack that has to reload the entire page to work, which is a bit clunky.

How does is solve the user problems?

Simple use case: open record details to view information that is not edit'able, click button to open the edit'able version of the record.

How was this validated?

I use hacks on every single one of my airtable apps to do this already.

Who is the target audience?

Honestly, I can imagine just about every interface-builder would use this. It would open so many options.

1 Comment
Sistema_Aotearo
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Actually, I agree. I'm also making different versions of the same interface for different operating systems.  Since the layout of the interfaces varies slightly on Android, iOS, and desktop, I end up with three versions of the same interface page just so my users can see the same things.