Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Pop up "updates" feature when logging in (using Base Description)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonathanB
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I currently have a base that is used as a kind of a customer service portal for managers on duty, where they log calls and look up information that helps them respond to queries. I use the “Base Description” to record any updates I’ve added that day and remind people to check it, but it’d be very useful if you can set this or some kind of pop up reminder that shows every time someone logs in.

1 Comment
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@JonathanB Your comment feels more like a feature request, so I’m moving it to the “Product Suggestions” category. Unfortunately there’s nothing that users can do at the moment to create popups that always appear when logging in, but I do agree that it could be useful in certain cases.

In the meantime, you might consider adding an [Updates] table where you can write dated notes. In that table you could create a view that only shows notes added within the past X days to ensure that new notes are spotlighted for a given period of time. It still requires the manager to check that table every time they log in, but it’s probably a more accessible place than the base description. You could also change the table name to reflect the date when you add a new note so people can see right away that there’s something new.