Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Show an interface without airtable account.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer
What is the proposed idea/solution?

I would like to share an interface with a person that hasn't an Airtable account.

How does is solve the user problems?

In this way people without an account could see only that interface (not the base) through a link. 

Who is the target audience?

All people that work with external customers.

A lot of people commented about this idea here:

https://community.airtable.com/t5/interface-designer/how-show-an-interface-without-airtable-account/...

40 Comments
Tobias_LGKR
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

This would be extremely helpful for us as well. Similar to sharing views in bases that external people can look at.

RonniEloff_VKDe
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Not only external, but those that are not what I call eager to sign up for yet another thing.  I want to publish Dashboards to one of our clients who is an old school PPT Visual person for Dashboards.

Having them even just providing a link -in read only mode- forces them to create an account.  That's not going to work for this person.

Angela_Ray
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have spent many hours developing Interface Designer pages and have created some great concepts.  Its functionality has come a long way in a short time and has so much potential, but requiring a paid seat to use it makes it worthless for my purposes.  I need to show a certain set of people what they need to see from the database in a meaningful manner without access to the database.  Even if Comment Only were free, I could do some amazing things with Interface Designer.  Paying $240 for each person to view and comment is too rich for my budget.  

RonniEloff_VKDe
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

@Angela_Ray -- TOTALLY agree.

I thought the entire purpose for having the interface system was to be able to provide interfaces to those who do not need to work in the AIRTABLE but have stuff to do, or have stakes in the task to provide them with information.

The upper management only needs to see the graphics, dashboards, and comment on them.  NOTHING more.  I might as well go back to a system I can make a lot more prettier graphics, charts and overlapping data to show connections in Excel.  

I really hope the AT product team is listening, because this really is painful to be able to show even potential sponsors, grant reviewers dashboards and have them provide feedback.

MelissaNunes

The ability to show a dashboard and an interface view with my clients is one of THE reasons why I decided to build our complex project material tracker in airtable.  We design custom renovations and assist our clients in specifying hundreds of products and materials.  I have crafted a tricky work-around with a separate table fed by an automation and shared view, but that isn't ideal because I don't want my clients to see ALL fields and have the ability to resort, filter, group, etc.  I just want them to log into a single place, see a list and see a gallery of items. (okay, my true ideal would be to include an approve/decline button for each item, but starting with a simple view would be a huge win).

Angela_Ray

@MelissaNunes not sure if this will work for you, but on my interface, I added a button for my speakers to confirm that they will speak at the conference.  I attached an action to that button that changes their status to confirmed in the table.

IanCreativeOps
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding to this need. I volunteer for a small non profit where I used airtable to automate and manage our memberbase. Only 3 people or so need to actually edit the data, the rest of the board just needs to see new member data on an interface. There's now way we can support purchasing 10 seats just so the rest of the board can look at new member data once a month for 15 min. I have a workaround with an automation to another program, but it's not ideal and creates a split source of truth.

katiesullivan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding to the chain. +1 for view-only, non-user, shareable interfaces. I collect a lot of data with Airtable and can display it beautifully in Interfaces. I also need to share that data with a lot of external stakeholders that I don't want accessing the database. Not being able to share externally renders the interface almost completely useless.

Angela_Ray

@katiesullivan Agreed!

airballer86
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 would love this feature