Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Limit linked record selection to a view

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury
123 Comments
Isaac_Watson1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I would love for there to be a way to filter out the options that appear when linking a record. For example, if I have a table for monthly events and a separate table for RSVPs (with a form view to RSVP), I would want to be able to link to an event record to associate that person’s RSVP with that event. But if an event has passed, it will still show up in list of available records to link, both in the grid view and form view. I would love to be able to filter by a checkbox (event completed) or filter by a date field (everything today or in the future).

Thanks!

John_Beaudoin
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I would say that this is my most important requested feature. @Katherine_Duh any chance you can let us know if this is on the roadmap – either linked records from views or conditional/filtered linked records?

Jamie_Walker

I would like to have a Jobs Table, where I can log jobs I have done for my clients.
image.png

I have a list of clients, some of which are not active.
image.png

I want to be able to select a client on the Jobs Table, but only display the “Active” clients.

How can I do this? I’ve played around with rollups, functions, arrays, and I can’t get anything to work. Ideas?

Julian_Kirkness
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

There’s no way of filtering linking fields in Airtable at the moment - although it has been requested by a lot of us.

I’d like to add something to the debate - if filtered lists are implemented, the implementation needs to take into account that you would still need to be able to see existing records’ values which may be linked to records which are filtered out for new records… (I hope this makes sense)

Ryan_Robillard
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 Airtables felt like the perfect solution until I discovered it wasn’t able to filter the values in a linked field or lookup field. Really hoping a solution is added soon.

Gordon_Peery

I’ll add my voice to this request, and also second Julian’s emphasis on being able to retain records which were created with records which have since been made inactive - that would be crucial.

W_Vann_Hall
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

If you sort the default view for the [client] table by {active}, you can at least move all the active clients to the top of the list. (Presumably, you could apply a secondary sort by client name or some other logical order, as well.) Doesn’t protect you from incorrectly linking to an inactive client — although you can create an error-checking and warning field to watch for and report such an error — but it does making it less likely, and it avoids the irritation of paging through intermingled active and inactive customers.

Jeremy_Smith1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 Another use case. I have a look-up on an appointments table linked to the service table, The service table contains prices for each service. If I want to change prices of items, I want to be able to set old service prices to inactive and filter them out of the drop down look-up on the appointments table so the wrong services/prices don’t get selected.

Is there a place where we can see the development roadmap?

Jason_Sears
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 from me too! I work at a nonprofit and am saving a TON of time by having donors enter information directly into our database. One of the linked fields they choose is “Event” and I’d love to not list our old, inactive events in that list…

Curious why this hasn’t been done yet?? Seems like a rather easy feature and would end up saving time and data as less info is passed based on filtering criteria…

Ken_A

I would also benefit immensely from this feature.