Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

User field to limit based on user groups or other criteria?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matt_stewart1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

User/collaborator fields are kind of a hot mess. It shows 100% of all users, including deactivated users, as options to select. What is the point of user groups if we can't make this a feature to limit options based on a user group?

This would allow us to setup multiple user fields for a project and allow each team to manage their team assignments, with only a list of those options on their teams. Then using kanban or timeline view, you would be able to see only the lanes/groups of those in your team for workload balance, etc.

Currently when a user selects a user field, they see 100's of users to choose from. And even worse, in a kanban view they see lanes for all 100's of users. Not even an option to limit by only users with projects assigned. So unless you have an extremely small number of collaborators the kanban view is useless for using collaborator field.

2 Comments
matt_stewart1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

also noticing I can collapse users in kanban field that don't apply to my team ... but not sure if that sticks permanently. Even then, you can move those collapsed fields to the side or anything, so with a company of 100+ users and a team of 10, you end up with a kanban view with 10 lanes and 90+ collapsed lanes breaking up the view. not usable.

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

I too would absolutely love to see more granular configuration options within the Users field - to the point of even overriding the colour of users, assigning them groups etc (such as current employees, ex-employees etc)