Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

When editing tags, include the number of occurrences

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
jaxankey
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It would be awesome if I could see how many times each tag appears when editing, perhaps with the option to sort by number of occurrences, so it's easy to prune / organize them. Perhaps this number could appear in the red area below?

jaxankey_0-1706814070290.png

3 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You would lose all the beautiful colors, but you can do this with linked record fields. Convert that field from a multiple-select field to a linked record field, and then in the other table, add a field of type โ€œCountโ€.

Although, to keep the beautiful colors, you could have both fields (multiple select and linked record field), and then create an automation to keep the multi-select field in sync with the linked record field. 

jaxankey
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks! Seems like overkill / rough workaround when the UI could just expose these numbers for us in the tag interface. ๐Ÿ™‚ Why not make it clean?

Anyway, this isn't a deal-breaker. Well, it is for the larger project I have in mind, but maybe most users don't care.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Ha, I hear you! By the way, you could group your records by that field, which will automatically give you a count for each group. However, it will group multiple selections together as a unified group, so it wonโ€™t give you exactly what youโ€™re looking for.