Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Would like to be able to 'publicly' close form for submissions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonniEloff_VKDe
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I have two issues that I am frustrated with that Google Forms does but Airtable public forms do not.

One is the ability to close a form for submissions once it reaches a certain number of records, but leave the form context available for future -re-opening-, 

Usecase:  We have a common registration form for all of our events.  However the only thing that changes is what event the person is registering for.  Some of our events have a limited number of registration.  I would like to be able to turn the form 'off' when we reach that number of registrations.

Right now I am literally having to make a master registration form, then make a copy for the event specific and monitor the count manually.  When it hits the count, remove all the contents from the form itself so nobody can enter.  However, that creates the next issue below.

Currently there is no way to - close a form for submissions.  I propose like Google and other form systems to create the ability to  close the form -which means I can have different text in the description area and remove the submit button in the public view (Share view)

3 Comments
Matthew_Lanni
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

What about this?

Matthew_Lanni_1-1694288020481.png

Still have to monitor the count, but this at least lets you close the form and reopen it with the same share URL.

You could even have an automation alert you when a certain amount of people have responded so you wouldn't have to monitor it as closely.

RonniEloff_VKDe
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect
Oh I had never looked under the Share Form pulldown before THANK YOU!!!!!!
RonniEloff_VKDe
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

You could even have an automation alert you when a certain amount of people have responded so you wouldn't have to monitor it as closely.

I already had that in place, because we had limitations on number registered in each time slot.  But at the end of the registration time period, I needed to close the form for all registrations until we have the date for the next event.

Btw, this really really helps with something else that was frustrating me.  Having different forms for pretty much the same event (I would just duplicate).  The Generate New Link -is awesome!!!!!