Automatically submit form? (prefilled by URL)

Still working on this, and I seem to have a new problem. Or maybe I’ve uncovered a problem that’s been there all along. I have links that submit to a Google form and that auto-submits (to Airtable via IFTTT). I still have to close each window, but that’s fine for now.

The problem is that the info I’m submitting isn’t connecting to the related record, it’s creating a new one. I’m not sure if it’s due to the form submission process, so I’m continuing in this thread rather than starting a new one.

Including a drawing to show the tables and relationships. I omitted fields that seem irrelevant.

What’s supposed to happen is the Check-Ins table has a new record added by the Google form via IFTTT. That works. But the new record in Check-Ins doesn’t associate with the existing Session, it creates a new record there, too. I thought it might be that the formatting of the date was somehow different coming in. But if I submit the form multiple times, they each create a new record in Sessions (it seems like they would at least have identical data in the linked field?!?).

I’m wide open to any suggestions. If there’s a better way to structure all this, that’s fine with me.

Yep - it’s a kludge.

It’s common to see well-intended and seemingly simple processes get bogged down with code-free integration platforms.

This is the recipe in IFTTT making assumptions about the relationships and trying to maintain relational integrity.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.