I’ve custom coded a plugin that syncs Airtable content. It maps Airtable records to Wordpress entities.
- it supports posts, pages and custom post types
- it supports creation of hierarchical taxonomies via Airtable link fields to records in the same table,
- it supports custom post taxonomies, either through text terms or links between tables
- it supports creation of custom meta values
- it marks newly created terms and posts with a private meta value indicating the AT record they are based on, to support future updates and deletions (not implemented yet).
I wrote it to allow the content creation people in our team to assemble a large body of content outside Wordpress, while the site is being built.
It’s rough, and lacks a UI for creating the configuration / mapping, but it works. It could be a useful start for a developer who wants the same functionality, but it’s not end-user friendly at this point. I’m happy to share what I’ve written if you’re interested. Message me or use the contact form on our website.