Link to other base

I was extremely excited to find Airtable recently, as I could immediately see how this would help me solve tons of issues I have in my company that we could never properly address with any other tool. But I was soon shocked to find that something as essential as linking bases was not possible. Through browsing discussions like this one, I realized this is a 4+ year limitation that is highly requested but nonetheless seems to be going nowhere. Instead of continuing investing my time on Airtable, I am now searching for a competitive product that might have been able to address this requirement in the past 4+ years.

6 Likes

Any update on this @Airtable @Airtable_Admin? It’s definitely a much needed feature that we need. Is there any basic way to just source data from one base to another?

6 Likes

Airtable you guys are a joke, how many forums I’ve read now and literally haven’t seen one reply from airtable staff. You guys grow too a big size and than just start ignoring your users? Lousy.

3 Likes

@Airtable_Admin - any progress on this? This would be CRUCIAL for us as we have different business units operating globally that intersect in a few areas and to be able to link bases would be incredible.

Where do you all stand on this - it was on the product roadmap it sounds like a few years ago - any news?

4 Likes

I suppose this must be a really difficult change to make to the Airtable platform, because it’s a total showstopper that linking across bases isn’t possible. Airtable has enormous potential. Gaps like this (and lack of webhooks) prevent it from taking over the world.

3 Likes

Ha pasado bastante tiempo, cuándo se va a implementar, es una función que muchos la solicitan y bastante útil, su implementación les traería aún más usuarios.