Please add an OCR engine for images and files along WITH ability to search text of attachments.
Normal search engine should be able to find text in files such as *.xls, *.doc, *.txt
evernote like OCR engine should be similar to evernote’s.
evernote like OCR engine should be able to search through image and PDF attachments
User should be able to UPLOAD/CREATE files that can be OCR’d by one (or both) of these methods:
- the ability to upload multiple images to one record and have every image in that record OCR’ed. Said upload should be able to be done from both a camera and a file picker.
- the ability to upload multiple images into a single file (ie create a pdf or something similar). Said upload should be able to be done from both the camera and from a file picker. Said pdf-like-file should be able to be searched with the evernote like OCR engine.
- Airtable would make an AMAZING receipt scanner app IF it had an OCR engine like evernote.
- Also, it would make a great document storage app that would beat google drives capabilities if it would be able to OCR pdf files with an engine like evernotes.
- would also fill void of why some people use Adobe Acrobat on android- to store / create docs that they can reference later for legal purposes.
Use cases from other users on airtable:
One More Note About the OCR Engine
The reason I keep mentioning evernotes OCR engine is because it doesn’t make singular judgments about how to covert an image into text…instead it takes the user’s search string and finds any portion of an images that could match the search criteria (within a certain % of confidence). This is perfect for receipts and pictures taken with a camera where the image capture environment is not very well controlled.