Wrappable Column Titles

Naturally, I see that I’m not the only one. Frustrating experience to have MOST of my column titles HIDDEN – makes it difficult for my co-workers and employees to work on this.

5 Likes

Me too! Even a pop up of the full description would be helpful. I often forget what the column headings are, especially for check boxes!

2 Likes

YES PLEASE. This feature is desperately needed.

3 Likes

I would love this feature
I usually try to keep column names short for this reason but sometimes it’s not possible. It’s cumbersome to have to hover over the column header and then having to wait for the full name to appear. I’d be nice to be able to always keep the full name in view

1 Like

Came to the Forum for exactly this. Please add this functionality.

4 Likes

I agree this would be very useful

2 Likes

Wrapping column titles is an absolute necessity! Please add it for us!

3 Likes

I’ve only been using airtable for a few hours and already found 2 thinks I think are essential that can’t be done… this and embedding a hyperlink… I may not go further with the product…

3 Likes

The lack of wrapping text in the Grid view is likely to be a big problem for me as I work towards pitching AirTable to my team.

More specifically, when hitting the space bar in order to see a record’s contents (in that floating box), the column titles are still cut short in this context if they are longer than the width of that pop up box. This prevents us from using AirTable in a way that I have seen Trello cards used with task descriptions and check box’s in a list form.

If there is another way to do this, please let me know.

3 Likes

3 years later how is this not a thing yet?! This seems so essential, simple and straightforward! Definitely need this asap.

4 Likes

It is indeed incredible that after 3 years of regular request, nothing has been done to answer to this…

5 Likes

Hi @Airtable_Ops please develop this feature! You pitch yourselves as the optimum space for fully manipulable spaces of masses of data but we can’t have wrapped column titles?

Please.

5 Likes

The fact that there is no response from AirTable after years of people asking for this feature is increasingly frustrating and really drives away customers into using other platforms. +1 for Wrappable Column Titles, but also wrappable cells as well. There are cell options for small, medium, tall, extra tall. But it would be exceedingly more useful if the cells would just be the height of the content of the cell. Just keep wrapping the data to fit whatever width the user has specified like Google Sheets and Excel does. Come on, AirTable! I really like using your product, but this feature can not be that difficult to implement. AT LEAST give the community some kind of update. It’s been over three years with nothing. At least tell us if you CAN’T do it. That’s better than nothing.

9 Likes

Me Too needing this. Or perhaps a vertical option?

2 Likes

+1 for the vertical option! I’m trying to replace spreadsheets with a bunch of checkbox columns, but it ends up getting way too wide to see. On the spreadsheet, we just rotate the column header so we can read the whole label but still fit all the columns on the screen at the same time. But in airtable, not only does the column width have to be wide enough for the whole title, the various controls also take up room! Things like this are a real barrier to usability–I’m having trouble getting the exec team comfortable switching away from spreadsheets because they can’t see as much at once.

2 Likes

I definitely need this also. I’m tired of manually expanding the title to see what it is in a table full of checkboxes.

1 Like

Agreed. This would be useful additional functionality.

3 Likes

I’m yet another new user who likes AT generally, but finds the lack of wrapping column names a major impediment. Please do it.

4 Likes

4 years now… Hello?

4 Likes

Please, Airtable! I’m trying to help my wife transition from Excel to Airtable and this makes it way more difficult.

1 Like