994 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_L
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I would like to ask the Airtable community users - what is your experience integrating Airtable with platforms for online courses and online community, like Teachable and Thinkific??? Are these platforms friendly to Airtable integrations?

I am asking because my nonprofit has been using Kajabi, however, it doesn’t play nice with Airtable or other integrations. Because of this our operations are unnecessarily complex. Anyone had success linking Airtable with these or other e-course/online community platforms? 

TIA!

3 Replies 3

Check out the Thinkific and Teachable modules that Make offers.

This means that you could very easily integrate either of them with Airtable in a low-code/no-code fashion.

It looks like there is more native support for Thinkific, so I would start there. 

If Kajabi has an API, you could do the same thing, but you’d have to write some amount of code to integrate it. 

There can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video for Make, along with providing the link to Make’s free training courses. There are also many Make experts hanging out there who can answer other Make questions. 

Hi @ScottWorld,

Thanks for your response, that's helpful re low-to-no-code usage with Thinkific and Teachable. I was also curious if you or anyone has experience with integrating these apps to Airtable?

My experience is that some of the integrations listed by Zapier, Make, etc. appear very easy to implement from their landing pages, but when actually applying them to a workload or use case, the integration actually needs multiple, interdependent integrations, which gets complicated pretty fast. 

Basically, I'm hoping to learn from others experience (e.g., mistakes and possible successes) before I consider jumping ship from Kajabi.

Any other input is welcome as well!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I don't think anybody here has experience with Thinkific or Teachable, but you might not need an expert at those apps. What you primarily want is somebody who is an expert at Make, and somebody who has a very strong background on how to implement programming logic into your automations & integrations. Learning a platform's API calls like Thinkific is easy, but understanding programming logic is much harder. 

If you have a healthy budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable/Make consultant to help you create this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Also: you mentioned Zapier, but I would not recommend Zapier. The main problems that I have with Zapier are best described by discussing the main advantages that Make has over Zapier:

1. Make has none of the limitations that Zapier has. Just as one example out of hundreds of examples, Zapier only allows 3 conditional branches, whereas Make allows unlimited conditional branches. Also, Make has a purely visual drag-and-drop environment that makes it much easier to visualize entire automations.

2. Make is SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful than Zapier. Probably a million times more powerful. Lol. For example, Make has an entire library of hundreds of functions & tools built into the platform that let you manipulate your data -- including groups of Airtable records at once, which Zapier doesn't allow -- in ways that Zapier doesn't allow at all.

3. Make is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than Zapier, even though is is way more powerful than Zapier.

4. Make has much better tech support than Zapier.

However, the one downside to Make is that there can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created that basic navigation video for Make that I mentioned in my previous post above.