1061 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beth_BCamps
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi! How many tables can a base store? over 100?

Is there any way to sync tables within a base?

I have 6-7 tables in a base that stores task templates (based on accounts that get managed by various people). Originally I synced them to another base but changed each tab to specific accounts we manage. Since there is a 10 sync limit, I am trying to find a work around.

Is there any way to have a template of tasks in a base and sync this to 30+ accounts other tables within the same base for task manage. I ask because, I am thinking that if a change needs to be made to the task manager, it would be quite labor intensive to change each accounts task list. it would be nice to change the template and have this apply to all of the tables the template is synced to - one swoop

for context: we have 90+ accounts we manage (schools). Tasks vary based on school system but are generally the same for all school systems. Staff manage multiple accounts across a variety of school systems. 

My goal is to keep this under 1 base (if possible) so that I can use integrations to invite staff to their own integration to see only what they need.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

6 Replies 6
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

It doesn’t sound like you have set up your base correctly.

What you will likely want to do is create ONE table for your tasks, and then separate that one table into separate filtered views (instead of separate tables).

I cover views in depth in my free Airtable training course, which you can take for free by signing up for a trial membership with LinkedIn Learning: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/learning-airtable/ 

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with your Airtable base, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

Not sure I really want to do that.

This would mean: 70 ish tasks x 100 schools = 700 tasks on one table. Each set of 70 tasks has a different staff assignment. This sounds really daunting

No, it won’t be daunting because you would use filters to just see the tasks that you want to see. It’s also the only efficient way to setup your base. It sounds like you’re coming from Excel or Google Sheets, which acts very differently from Airtable. I would recommend taking my free course, which will help you get a sense on how to navigate Airtable better. 

It's not about me - it's about my team and setting up their views. I only want them to see theirs with automations. 

I would like to use integrations as I do not want the entire team accessing all of the information even through filters...

I will check out your free course. Thanks!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hi @Beth_BCamps,

Your entire team will always be able to access all of the information in your entire Airtable base if they are collaborators on your base. Airtable doesn't prevent people from seeing any information. Airtable doesn't have any built-in security like this.

However, the only exception that Airtable makes for this rule is if you make them interface-only collaborators, where you can give them access to a specific interface that is always filtered by their records only.

Regardless, you will still need the exact same setup that I outlined above to make this happen.

Alternatively, you can use an external portal tool like Noloco to prevent people from accessing all of the information except for their own records. But again, this also requires the same setup that I outlined above.

I would probably recommend working with an expert Airtable consultant like myself who can help guide you through all of this, help you structure your entire database properly, and make it as easy as possible for your users.

So! I did update my airtable base to show all tasks on 5 large tables vs 80+ tables. But now I am running into an automations issue!

I am setting up about 13 automations for a set up 50 tasks. I am slacking and tagging someone once something is marked "done" for a particular school. I am going to easily run out of automations so I don't know what to do...

tasks #1 - 50. Condition is status is "done", contains "school A" and for task # "5" --> it slacks the appropriate assigned person for this particular school. I have a TON of these. I included "School A" so that "done" and task # "5" was not pinging each time that was marked as done because this same task applies to 80+ schools.

What should I do? I need help 😞 Thanks!