cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brite_Admin
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Liking it so far but:

1. Will the interfaces be available on mobile? So many of us use AirTable on our phone’s primarily.

2. Do they work on the desktop app or only browsers?

3. Will button fields work?

4. If you use the comment field and someone gets notified, is there any way to make the link in the notification go to the interface instead of the table?

5. Can we create records in the interface?

6. Any list of future enhancements?

3 Replies 3
Todd_Grier
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m finding the iOS web options don’t work yet. If someone knows a way to make it work I’d love to use the interface on an iPad to see a summary of records in a base.

Currently it doesn’t work within the airtable app, nor through any common web browser regardless of mobile or desktop setting. I can see the first page of the interface on a web browser set to display as a desktop site, but going to the layout I designed it returns an error.

I think the most utilitarian use of this feature is a bookmarked link to use as a dashboard. For it to only be viewable on desktop/laptops would be a bummer.

I almost exclusively use the desktop app on my Mac, and everything works fine.

Button fields that open apps in the sidebar currently don’t work. Outside of that, I’ve only tested buttons that open URLs, but those work fine.

Not currently, but this sounds like a good request for the developers. I recommend reaching out to Airtable support directly (in the app: Help → Contact support). While there is a “Product Suggestions” category here and Airtable staffers do frequent the forum, you’re more likely to get your request in front of them sooner by contacting them directly.

@kuovonne answered this in the original thread:

I have yet to see Airtable speak openly about their development roadmap, although they occasionally reply to specific requests/comments with something along the lines of “we’re considering it”. But if you’re hoping for them to publish a list of things they’re thinking about adding/improving, it’s not likely to happen.

Hi @Brite_Admin,

We can hope that AIRTABLE DEVs will invest a maximum of energy and time
to develop regularly this INTERFACE DESIGNER which is still in BETA!
That’s all we can wish for this huge evolution of the platform.
I don’t bet anything on it :slightly_smiling_face: , but I expect it to develop my own use
of my Tables contents, my Business Logic, and so far,
AIRTABLE made me wait, sometimes for a long time, but not disappointed!

oLπ