Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Add "Update Record Form" in the manner of "Add Record Form" in Interface Designer.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
filipradkiewicz
5 - Automation Enthusiast
What is the proposed idea/solution?

The idea is to allow a user to update a record only through a form (similar to the process of adding a new record).

How does is solve the user problems?

Currently, a user can update a record instantly by changing data inline or in the Details Page. The standard behavior in the internal apps is that a user has to consciously trigger the update process from a details page. It would help to manage and implement all the updates after submitting a form. 

Taking into consideration possible integration with Make or other tools, it can send updated fields to a webhook in one shot.

Moreover, it would be nice to use a data option of conditional visibility of elements while updating, the same as inside the Add Record Form.

2 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I totally agree that this would be a great feature to have!

In the meantime, my clients are using one of these portal tools to do this: FilloutNolocoSoftr, JetAdmin, or Glide

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and youโ€™d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting โ€” ScottWorld 

filipradkiewicz

Thank you @ScottWorld for the tips!