Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

COUNTIF AND COUNTIFS Formulas

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adalberto_Santo
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be great if the COUNTIF and the COUNTIFS formulas were implemented in Airtable. I use them in most of my excel spreadsheets, and it is a little frustrating not being able to use it here. Are there any plans to add more formulas?

50 Comments
Jack_Richards
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Not sure that I understand the formula but this worked exactly for what I need! A COUNTIF would be easier but this is a good work around, Thank you!

Andrew_O_Hoski
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

My workaround right now is to create a field for each status I need to count then roll them up in a related table.

Example: Employee Status field is Active, Inactive, Starting, or Leaving. I create 4 hidden formula fields with If(Status=“Active”,1), If(Status=“Inactive”,1), etc then I can do a Rollup field on those fields to Count(values) or Sum().

William_Boswell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Need this for counting, number of outstanding actions that match a particular criteria.

Karen_Larson

I agree with Jack_Richards, this did exactly what I needed it to do but I don’t understand the formula AT ALL! Thank you though!

Jason_Friedlan1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

How could I use this faux count if to count a specific response like Completed and then convert that into a percentage of all response?

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

@Jason_Friedlander
Suppose you have a table of Tasks that can have a {Status} = “Complete”.

Supposed you have a table of Projects that can have many linked Tasks.

In your Tasks table, create a formula field; let’s call it {Complete?}:

IF({Status} = "Complete", 1)

In your Projects table, create a Count field, let’s call it {Total Tasks}, that counts the total number of linked Tasks.
In your Projects table, create a Rollup field, let’s call it {% Complete}, that rolls up like this:

Table = Tasks
Field = {Complete?}
Agg Function = SUM(values) / {Total Tasks}

Format that Rollup field as a Percentage field in the “Formatting” menu.

(Now just convert terms to whatever your schema is… “Tasks” = “Responses”, “Projects” = ???)

Jason_Friedlan1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Perfect! Thank you.

So how do I wrap that to remove the NaN in fields that are missing data.

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

Which field is returning the NaN? I’m not getting any NaN’s in my implementation

Jason_Friedlan1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I get it in my % field if the count has no records completed.

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

image.png

I don’t get that in mine… I just get a “0%” value; not sure what we are doing differently from eachother