Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Error Handling for Automations

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Rupert_Hoffsch1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

It would be great to make automation error messages more sophisticated. For instance it would be very helpful to build an error log in a table in order to assign errors to certain users or mark them as resolved etc. (at the moment the person who triggered the automation receives the error notification / email).

Especially when dealing with more complex bases and / or using scripts in automations, errors are pretty common and a useful part of the development process. At the moment unfortunately not useful enough ๐Ÿ™‚

5 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Totally agree!

Actually, as it stands now, itโ€™s even worse than you described above.

The person who triggered the automation is NOT the person who receives the error message email. Itโ€™s the very last person who turned off & on the automation! :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

Itโ€™s a terrible error system that allows for a lot of errors to fall through the cracks.

Be sure to email support@airtable.com about improving this. Iโ€™ve been meaning to email them about this, but I donโ€™t think I have yet.

Rupert_Hoffsch1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Youโ€™re completely right and thatโ€™s what I meant, just didnโ€™t express it clearly. Given that someone had to implement it that way and doing that also took time, they couldโ€™ve at least added a field where you can specify which collaborator should receive the errorโ€ฆ :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Iโ€™ll send an email to support as well!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Totally agree! Thanks for sending them an emailโ€ฆ Iโ€™ll send one as well later this afternoon.

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

I'd love to see the ability to have Automation errors push to my browser notification too, and also have them feed through to Interfaces upon a Button Automation returning output. When a user clicks a button on an Interface, they have no idea if it did the thing it's supposed to do - as there's not output for them to digest, regardless of error.

Webs
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

What we really need is for actions to have an iferror attribute that tells the system what to do if an error occurs during a step.  Such as iferror, skip to next action.  Or iferror, notify [email address] etc.