Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Recursiveness = Parent-Child = SubItems

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
estevamfurtado
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I think it is time for Airtable to add recursive capabilities to data inside a table.

I know it is challenging to implement, but the workaround users have been doing are truly not delivering the intentions and expected experience. It just feels limited not to be able to create subtasks, goals and subgoals, accounting systems, etc.

There are so many ideas that would be finally unlocked and it would definitely take Airtable to a whole new level!

3 Comments
piechos
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Totally agree! I miss this feature a lot!

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

We absolutely need same-table parent/child Linked Fields that mirror each other. This is my number one missing feature currently.

Annika

PLEASE

The list view is so limited with only one level of child tasks. 

And then these do not even work properly when you show the list within the record detail itself (because the CHILD tasks are not directly related to the record!!)

My Use Case
Initiative (Table 1) > Tasks (Table 2) > Sub-Tasks (Table 2)

I have an interface looking at an initiative (table 1), I have a list view where I want to show the tasks and sub-tasks but sub-tasks are NOT shown because they are NOT related to the Initiative. 

When you create a child task, it doesn't know its parent so it makes automations sooo complex (and unnecessary). I want to know if my task in table 2 has a parent and if it does, inherit the linked initiative. It feels so hard